We have several resources for you to use to investigate and discover your family history and genealogy.
For use in the library only check out Ancestry.com
These resources and microfilm readers are available in the Adult Reference Area at 2 dedicated workstations
Also, New Milford Public Library is a Family History Center affiliate library which affords you access to the genealogical resources available through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ famous Family History Library in Salt Lake City. The Family History Library has amassed billions of birth, marriage, death, census, land, and court records of genealogical significance from over 130 countries and they have extended access to its collection by circulating microfilms of historic records through select affiliate libraries including NMPL.
To order microfilms:
- Go to Family Search and either Create New Account or Sign In.
- Conduct your search and write down the number of the film you are interested in.
- Go to familysearch.org/films on the Family Search web site.
- Make sure you have designated New Milford Public Library as your Family Search Center.
- Enter the film number you want to order and Add to Cart.
- Pay the fee associated with your request.
The films will be shipped to the library and you will be notified by email when they arrive.
For more information, please contact the New Milford Public Library Reference Department at 860-355-1191 x207.