We have several resources for you to use to investigate and discover your family history and genealogy.
PLUS - New Milford Public
Library is the first public library in Connecticut to have become a Family History Center affiliate library which means you have greater access to the wealth of genealogical resources available
through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ famous Family History Library in
Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Family History Library has amassed billions of birth, marriage, death,
census, land, and court records of genealogical significance from over 130 countries. They have
extended access to its collection by circulating microfilms of historic
records through select affiliate libraries and the New Milford Public Library is
one of those libraries.
- Family Search and Heritage Quest are available both in the Library and from home.
- For use in the library only check out Ancestry.com (accessible from the computers located in the Adult Reference Area)
To order microfilms:
- Go to Family Search and either Create New Account or Sign In.
- Conduct your search and write down the number of the film you are interested in.
- Go to www.familysearch.org/films on the Family Search web site.
- Make sure you have designated New Milford Public Library as your Family Search Center.
- Enter the film number you want to order and Add to Cart. Pay the fee associated with your request.
- The films will be shipped to the library and you will be
notified by email when they arrive.
For more information, please contact the New Milford Public
Library Reference Department at 860-355-1191 x207.