HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
New Milford Public Library offers a free library card to taxpayers of New Milford, CT. A New Milford Public Library card can be used at any public library in the state. Out-of-state residents pay an annual fee for a library card (based on per capita tax assessment) which may be used only in New Milford for database access and loan privileges.
Requirements to obtain a library card:
1. Must present proof of a New Milford residence address. Any one of the following
items may be used as proof of residency:
*Current utility bill
*Current tax receipt
*Checkbook with name & address imprint
*Piece of mail with current street address
*Library card from hometown library
2. Completed registration form.
3. Parent or guardian must sign registration form of a child under 14 years old. Children under 14 years old are registered as juvenile card holders.
4. If a patron was registered in another town, their record must be clear of fines and lost items.
Card Expiration dates:
1. Resident - New Milford: 3 years
2. Out-of-state resident: 1 year
3. Private school - Canterbury: July 1 of current school year