Some Special Features at NMPL!
LDS - Library Document Station
Located in the Adult Reference section of the library, the station consists of a flatbed scanner and a touch screen monitor. You can scan, save and send documents and photos. Just place your item on the scanner (no need to straighten it, the scanner does that automatically!), select the function you wish to perform, scan the item and then you may:
Reference Staff is always pleased to assist you if you have any questions.
All three department supervisors here at NMPL are Connecticut Notary Publics. No appointment is necessary. Just walk in and ask at the Reference Desk for this service and one of the supervisors on duty will assist you. You must have a photo ID and the fee is $5.00 per document.
We offer, for a nominal fee of 50 cents per disc, a service to clean your dirty and scratched CDs and DVDs. Due to the generosity of the FRIENDS of the Library, we have a new industrial style VenMill Disc Repair machine in our Technical Services Department. This machine is state-of-the-art. Bring in your discs, stop at the circulation desk and fill out a simple form and pay for the number of discs you have. One of our Technical Services staff will clean them for you while you wait.
- Fees for cleaning are $0.50 per disk.
- Hours are M-F 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Depending on staff schedules and the number of items to be cleaned, items may be cleaned while you wait.
- If items are to be left for later pick-up, they will be held for 3 days.
- Payment shall be made in advance of cleaning.
- No refunds for any cleaned items.
- Warped items will not be remedied by cleaning
- There is no guarantee/warranty that the cleaning will fix all damage to all disks.
- The Library is not responsible for performance of the cleaned disks or any equipment used to play these cleaned items.