Summary of New Milford
- 63.9% of the respondents support the building renovation and expansion
- Many of those who were unsure about the expansion had questions about funding
- Respondents really like the historical building on Town Green and do not want it moved, however parking was the biggest complaint. Parking is a major issue especially during bad weather.
- Many responded about the poor condition and space of the children’s and teens’ departments.
- The service that is used overwhelmingly more than others is checking out books, followed by use of computers.
- Regarding e-books, people want more and they want to know how to use and access them.
- People overwhelmingly love the staff. There were many comments on how friendly and helpful the staff is. 73% of the people rated their most recent library experience as excellent and 23.6% rated it as good.
- When questioned about the hours, respondents want the library open later on the weekdays and earlier on the weekends. They also want it to remain open on Sundays in the summer.
- Most people use the website for the catalog. They also check their account, renew books and put books on hold. However, there were many comments on the need to update the website and that it had too many layers and is hard to use.
- When asked what people want to see more of, the responses were: quiet study areas, collection space and general seating.