EBSCO and the Connecticut State Library are pleased to announce that all participating ResearchIT libraries (including NMPL) now have unlimited access to 4 new EBSCO eBook subscription collections. Each e-book collection contains a wide-range of subjects and topics designed to meet the needs of patrons, students, and faculty.
The e-book collections include:
- Public Library E-Book Collection: Enjoy easy access to more than 45,000 titles for both adults and juveniles as well as best-selling and highly-recommended titles from industry leading publishers.
- High School E-Book Collection: Offer high school students, educators and administrators e-books that align with their school’s curricula, as well as complement your library’s existing database resources. This robust collection includes more than 11,000 titles including classic literary works, important historical documents, general reference materials and curriculum resources for educators.
- K-8 E-Book Collection: Give K-8 students across all subject areas a quality learning experience with this interdisciplinary collection of more than 14,000 e-books. Students will appreciate the full-text e-book coverage to support their curricula and educators will welcome the access to curriculum guides and other time-saving resources.
- Cricket E-Book Collection: Support students in grades Pre-K through 8th with this e-book collection containing more than 700 e-books developed by Cricket Media, an internationally recognized education company with award-winning content for children, families and educators.
The e-Books are in PDF. They can be read online or downloaded. To download requires that you have an EBSCO personal account (a Google account can be used to create an account and to sign in to it), and an Adobe ID. The downloaded title will then appear in, for example, Adobe Digital Editions or a similar Adobe sanctioned app. To set up your EBSCO personal account, go to ebscoHost and follow the directions below:
What is Google Sign In?
Google Sign In allows you to log into your library’s EBSCO resources and to create a personal My EBSCOhost account using your Google login credentials (i.e. Gmail account).
To create a personal My EBSCOhost account with your Google account:
- Click the Sign In link in the top toolbar.
- Click the link to create a new account.
- If you are on the Create a new account screen, click the Sign up with Google button.
- If you are already logged into your Google account, you are prompted for permission to associate your account with EBSCO.
- If you are not logged into your Google account, you are presented with the Google sign-in screen to enter your credentials (i.e. username and password).
- If you do not have a Google account, click More Options and select to create a new account.
- After successful Google sign-in, click Continue to confirm you wish to create a new account using your existing Google credentials.
- Click Continue after your account has been created.
For more details and instructions on use and downloading books, see: http://ebsco.libguides.com/ebooks/home .