You may obtain a library card at the Circulation Desk or click here. If you show up in person, you need to:
- Present proof of New Milford residence address and photo id. Any of the following items may be used:
- Current driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement or current tax receipt
- Checkbook with name & address imprint
- Piece of mail with current street address
- Complete a registration form.
- Parent or guardian must sign the card of a child under 14 years old. Children under 14 years old are registered as juvenile card holders.
- If you were registered in another town, your record must be under $6.00 of fines and any lost items in order to use the NMPL card.
New Milford Public Library offers a free library card to residents of New Milford. Out-of- state residents pay an annual fee of $36 for a library card based on per capita tax assessment.